The Homematic IP Radiator Thermostat is part of the Homematic IP smart home system and helps to reduce energy costs. The smart thermostat replaces existing radiator thermostats, enabling energy savings of up to 30 %.
The Homematic IP Radiator Thermostat can be easily installed on existing vales with a thread size of M30 (e.g. Heimeier) using the metal union nut without having to intervene in the heating system. Corresponding adapters for Danfoss valves are also supplied with the device. Power is supplied by two AA batteries, offering energy for up to 2 years.
After setting up the device, the desired room temperature can be regulated directly via the radiator thermostat itself, via the Homematic IP Wall Thermostat or Homematic IP app. With the app, up to three week profiles with up to six heating phases per day and room can be defined. The system starts to get really smart in combination with the Homematic IP Window / Door Contact. If an open window is detected by the device, the Homematic IP Radiator Thermostat automatically reduces the hot water supply of the radiator. As soon as the window is closed, also the radiator starts to increase the room temperature again. In this way, energy consumption can be reduced, the living comfort is increased and at the same time the environment can be protected. By creating week profiles, you can automate your everyday life – step into a warm bathroom in the morning, save valuable heating energy while you are not at home and enjoy the after work hours in your living room with your individually adjusted room temperature.
With the low-noise gearbox, it is also possible to use the Homematic IP Radiator Thermostat in children’s or bedrooms. The integrated limescale and frost protection function protects the valve from calcifying and freeze-up.
Note: If several radiator thermostats are used in one room at the same time, the devices can be controlled centrally via the Homematic IP app or conveniently via the Homematic IP Wall Thermostat.
- Up to three adjustable week profiles: The room temperature can be adjusted according to individually tailored heating phases (up to 6 per day with configurable temperature)
- In combination with the Homematic IP Window / Door Contact the temperature is automatically reduced as soon as windows are opened
- Secure installation: Thanks to the metal nut, the device can be securely fixed to all standard radiators
- Easy installation: no need to drain water or to intervene into the heating system
- Manual operation: Temperature changes and activating the boost function (heating up the radiator quickly) can be performed directly on the device
- Comfortable and individual voice control (e.g. via Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant)
- To enable operation, the device has to be connected with one of the following solutions:
– Homematic IP Access Point with free smartphone app and free cloud service
– Central Control Unit CCU2/CCU3 with local user interface WebUI
– Third-party solutions of partners